WORKSHOP: How to Win People Over with Your Ideas
WHO: Joseph Rea
WHEN: Wednesday, June 14th, 2017, 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
WHERE: Tech Ranch Austin, 8920 Business Park Dr #250, ATX 78759
You have great ideas on how to design an amazing product. You can see the potential and possibilities, but getting people on board is another story. How do you get people to buy into your ideas without pressuring them? How do you get them to adopt your vision and believe it as if it were their own?
5:30 pm Doors open, Pre-event networking, Snacks, AV setup
6:00 pm Welcome Address and Introduction of Joseph Rea
6:05 pm Workshop Starts: How to Win People Over with Your Ideas
8:00 pm Post-event networking, stay as long as you like!
The workshop will cover:
1. Creating a Rock-Solid Vision – How to develop a vision that will move and inspire people to get on board. What are the key questions you need to ask yourself? The 3 key questions you must ask yourself in designing your vision.
2. Optimizing Your Energy for Persuasion – How to create the mental, emotional and psychological conditions for winning your audience over.
3. Uncovering Their Motivators – How to discover the REAL motivators they might not be telling you.
4. Creating True Win-Win Solutions – Making sure they feel they are winning, too.
5. Dealing with Disagreement – How to address conflicts head-on without getting abrasive, and win people over to your point of view.
This is a hands-on workshop with interactive group exercises and worksheet activities, designed to accelerate the learning process and provide participants with real strategies they can put into action.
Joseph Rea brings a decade of experience working in the semiconductor industry, where he played a lead role in ensuring the reliability of military-grade wireless devices. Working in a fast-moving startup, Joseph quickly learned the importance of winning people over with his ideas. After noticing a gap in the company’s testing capabilities, Joseph proposed an automated testing platform to enable rapid testing of software releases. His idea was quickly approved, and transformed the way the company tested their wireless products.
Later he proposed an idea for a tracking system to record software releases and customer deliverables. This system dramatically reduced the time required to find information on software releases and make business decisions.
Joseph now works as an independent coach and consultant, helping leaders develop the skills they need to accelerate their career growth and lead teams more effectively. He has worked with tech professionals, entrepreneurs and small business owners alike, and has developed a unique 5-step formula for leadership transformation.